Castleberry, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: July 28, 2020


Castleberry was in an area that became the west side of Fort Worth in Tarrant County. It was a separate community from 1940 to 1947. Residents decided to incorporate in response to the dramatic population growth brought about by the construction of nearby Carswell Air Force Base and the Fort Worth Quartermaster Depot, both activated in 1942. By the end of World War II Castleberry's population exceeded 5,000. In 1947 the community was annexed by Fort Worth.

Janet L. Schmelzer, Where the West Begins: Fort Worth and Tarrant County (Northridge, California: Windsor, 1985).

Places:
  • Communities
  • Dallas/Fort Worth Region
  • North Texas

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Castleberry, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/castleberry-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
July 28, 2020

This entry belongs to the following Handbook Special Projects:


Place
Castleberry
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2008668
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Tarrant County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.76262960°
  • Longitude: -97.39140730°