Catfish, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Catfish was twelve miles southeast of Athens in southeastern Henderson County. A post office operated there from 1888 to 1910. At its height around 1900 the settlement had a flour mill, a gin, and a grocer. By the mid-1930s Catfish no longer appeared on maps, and in the early 1990s only a few houses remained in the area.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Catfish, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/catfish-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Place
Catfish
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Henderson County