Cedar Creek, TX (Anderson County)


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994

Updated: October 19, 2020


Cedar Creek is at the intersection of Farm Road 322 and State Highway 294, by Cedar Creek nine miles southwest of Palestine in southwestern Anderson County. In 1932 Cedar Creek school district had a school serving forty-nine White pupils and a school serving seventy-three Black pupils. In the 1930s the community had two churches, two schools, and a number of scattered dwellings. Cedar Creek school district was consolidated with Elkhart schools by 1955. In 1982 the community had a number of dwellings and, about one-half mile north of the crossroads, Cedar Creek church. The church was still on the site in 1985. By 2000 only a cemetery was shown on county maps.

Thomas Paul Jones, The Reorganization of the Public Schools of Anderson County, Texas (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1934).

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Cedar Creek, TX (Anderson County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/cedar-creek-tx-anderson-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994
October 19, 2020

Place
Cedar Creek
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1354081
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Anderson County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.64600690°
  • Longitude: -95.66078870°