Cedar Creek, TX (Trinity County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Cedar Creek, on Cedar Creek four miles north of Apple Springs in northern Trinity County, was first settled around 1853 by William B. Womack and his family, who moved to the area from Simpson County, Mississippi. A school for black children was established before 1884. The school was later consolidated with Apple Springs school, but in the mid-1930s Cedar Creek still had a store and a number of houses. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.

Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Cedar Creek, TX (Trinity County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/cedar-creek-tx-trinity-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading