Center Point, TX (Trinity County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Center Point was a farming community in northern Trinity County. The town's name derived from its location halfway between Nogalus Prairie and Honest Ridge, both of which were common school districts. In 1923 the schools were consolidated, and a new school was built at Center Point. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, and a number of houses. Its school later closed, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Center Point, TX (Trinity County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/center-point-tx-trinity-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading