Chambliss, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Chambliss, on Farm Road 545 seven miles northeast of McKinney in northeastern Collin County, was named in honor of Charles Chambliss, an early settler. In 1900 the community had a school, a church, a gin, and two stores. A post office was established there in 1898, but in 1903 it was closed, and local mail was rerouted through Anna, three miles northwest. From 1933 to 2000 the population of Chambliss was twenty-five.

Roy Franklin Hall and Helen Gibbard Hall, Collin County: Pioneering in North Texas (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975). J. Lee and Lillian J. Stambaugh, A History of Collin County (Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1958).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Chambliss, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/chambliss-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Chambliss
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379531
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Collin County
Associated Names

Stoney Point

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.29483570°
  • Longitude: -96.49526390°
Population Counts
People Year
29 2009