Channel, TX

By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Channel, also known as Houston Terminals, was a residential community on the Houston Ship Channel in Harris County. A post office operated there from 1919 until 1920, when mail was delivered from Deepwater. Another post office operated from 1922 until 1923, when mail was delivered from Pasadena. The community's population was 100 in 1921, but the area was subsequently engulfed by industrial development, and the community was not shown on the 1936 county highway map.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Channel, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 08, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/channel-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading