Cherokee Junior College, in Cherokee, San Saba County, was operated by the Llano, and later by the Lampasas, District conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The college was housed in a building that had originally belonged to West Texas Normal and Business College. The Llano District conference bought the building from Francis Marion Behrns on April 4, 1911, for $20,000. C. A. Lehmberg was named president of Cherokee Junior College, which accepted students from 1911 until at least the fall of 1918, when a small enrollment was reported. On July 21, 1921, the property was sold to the school trustees of San Saba County for $20,000. The building was used as a public school until it burned on January 30, 1945. In 1978 Cherokee High School stood on the site, the entrance to the old college having been incorporated in the new structure.