Chicolete, TX


By: Nellie Murphree

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Chicolete was thirteen miles east of Cuero in eastern DeWitt County. It was named for Chicolete Creek, though its school was originally called Hefner School for W. Hefner, who donated the land. The school began operation in 1880 and closed in 1942.

Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Nellie Murphree, “Chicolete, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/chicolete-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Chicolete
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • DeWitt County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 29.12775350°
  • Longitude: -97.12026480°