The Claude News, a weekly newspaper published in Armstrong County, grew out of the Claude Argus first published by W. S. Decker in 1890. Around 1891 the Argus merged with the Goodnight News to form the Claude News, first published by J. H. Hamner and later by Thomas T. Waggoner. In the 1990s the publisher was Phil Miller, and Jason Cartwright was editor. The circulation was 831.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Diana J. Kleiner, “Claude News,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 15, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/claude-news.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.