Claybank, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Claybank, 4½ miles east of Kilgore in south central Gregg County, was probably established after the Civil War. A post office operated from 1897 until 1902. Around 1900 the small settlement had a general store and a number of houses. By the early 1920s the community no longer appeared on maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Claybank, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/claybank-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading