Clifton, TX (Van Zandt County)


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Clifton was at the juncture of Farm roads 47 and 2475, seventeen miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County. It had a population of fifteen, a seasonal industry, and scattered dwellings by 1936 and a population of twenty-five in 1939, but by 1965 only a single business remained at the townsite. Both the Enterprise and Bright Star newspapers were produced there. No population figures were recorded after 1939.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Clifton, TX (Van Zandt County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/clifton-tx-van-zandt-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Clifton
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034729
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.78290350°
  • Longitude: -95.98274550°