Climax, TX (Nacogdoches County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Climax, on La Nana Bayou off U.S. Highway 59 eight miles south of Nacogdoches in southern Nacogdoches County, grew up around 1900 as a flag stop on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad. In 1910 the population was twenty-eight. At one time there were several stores in the area, but by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.

Nacogdoches County Genealogical Society, Nacogdoches County Families (Dallas: Curtis, 1985).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Climax, TX (Nacogdoches County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/climax-tx-nacogdoches-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Loading