Cobb, also known as Cobbs, is a small rural community located on U.S. Highway 80 about fifteen miles northeast of Kaufman in northeastern Kaufman County. Originally known as Cobb's, the community existed by the mid-1880s as a station on the Texas and Pacific Railway and was named for Carey Cobb, an early county commissioner and chief justice. A post office opened under the name of Cobb in 1897. In 1914 the community had two general stores. The post office closed in 1923, but county highway maps of the 1930s still showed a school, several businesses, and a number of farms. The community continued to exist, at least in name, throughout the twentieth century, but no population estimates were available.