Coffee, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Coffee, on Farm Road 69 and the banks of Coffee Creek, eleven miles southeast of Sulphur Springs in southeastern Hopkins County, was settled before 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a church, a school, and a cemetery. After World War II most of its residents moved away. Its school was consolidated with the Como school district, and by the early 1960s only a cemetery and a few houses remained in the area. In the late 1980s Coffee was a dispersed rural community.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Coffee, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/coffee-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading