Comal Creek Settlement, TX


By: Oscar Haas

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Comal Creek Settlement, the second community established in Comal County, was begun in 1845 by settlers from New Braunfels. The pioneers raised grain and vegetables and grazed their cattle on the unfenced lands around the settlement. In 1856 the Comal Creek school had thirty-five tuition pupils and seven poor and orphan pupils. By 1948 the school was a part of the New Braunfels system, and the community had been incorporated into the city of New Braunfels.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Oscar Haas, “Comal Creek Settlement, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/comal-creek-settlement-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Comal Creek Settlement
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Comal County