Combine is at the intersection of Farm roads 3039 and 1389, twenty miles southeast of Dallas in Kaufman and Dallas counties. The settlement was probably established sometime in the late 1880s or early 1890s. From 1895 to 1903 a post office branch operated at the community. During the 1930s and 1940s the population of Combine was never reported as more than twenty-five. By the 1970s Combine was surrounded by the city of Seagoville, and Combine residents incorporated their community. The population of Combine increased from 297 in 1970 to 815 in 1988. In the early 1990s the population of Combine was reported as 1,398, and Combine occupied parts of both Kaufman and Dallas counties. In 2000 the population was 1,788.