Comet, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Comet was two miles from Jefferson in central Marion County. It had a post office from 1891 to 1905. In 1892 it had two general stores, and J. O. Jackson was postmaster. The population of the community was estimated at ten in 1896, and in 1899 thirty pupils attended the Comet school. By 1936 the community was not marked on the county highway map.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Comet, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/comet-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Place
Comet
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Marion County
Associated Names

Hart