Concord Church, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Concord Church is three miles west of Elmwood and eleven miles north of Palestine in northern Anderson County. In the 1930s the community had a church, a district school, and a number of scattered dwellings. In 1932 the Concord school served thirty-seven pupils. During that decade, however, it was consolidated with the Montalba schools. By 1985 Concord Church was a small crossroads community with a church, a cemetery, and several homes. Concord Baptist Church and Cemetery received a Texas Historical Marker in 1997. By 2000 county maps simply identified the community as Concord. No population estimates were available.

Historical marker files, Texas Historical Commission, Austin (Concord Baptist Church and Cemetery). Thomas Paul Jones, The Reorganization of the Public Schools of Anderson County, Texas (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1934).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Concord Church, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/concord-church-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Place
Concord Church
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1354860
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Anderson County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.91072090°
  • Longitude: -95.68079220°