Connor Creek, TX

By: Barbara A. Neal Ledbetter

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


The Connor Creek community, named after Delaware Indian chief John Connor, was near the junction of Connor Creek on Possum Kingdom Lake in southeast Young County. It was on part of a league given to Chief Connor on October 13, 1857, by the Texas legislature for his services to Texas. An estimated fifty families lived in the area in the 1880s. The Connor Creek school had twenty-four pupils in 1881 and 1897 and twenty-one in 1904. The community used the Finnis Cemetery four miles east in Jack County. In 1930 scattered residences were in the area, but Connor Creek was no longer identified on maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Barbara A. Neal Ledbetter, “Connor Creek, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed October 16, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/connor-creek-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading