Content, TX (Bell County)

By: Laurie E. Jasinski

Type: General Entry

Published: December 9, 2005


Content is a tiny rural community north of Farm Road 2904 about ten miles east of Temple in far eastern Bell County. Czech settlers farmed in the region in the late 1800s. In 1894 families established a two-room school. Trustees included Otto Wilde, Tom Wiese, H. L. and Edwin Holtkamp, and Lester Hoelscher. Content School closed in 1954, when it consolidated with the Rosebud Independent School District. In the 1980s the school building was used as a residence. Though the community of Content was no longer shown on highway maps by the 1990s, the 1990 and 2000 censuses listed a population of twenty-five.

Bell County Historical Commission, Story of Bell County, Texas (2 vols., Austin: Eakin Press, 1988).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Laurie E. Jasinski, “Content, TX (Bell County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/content-tx-bell-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 9, 2005

Loading