Cooper Creek, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Cooper Creek, two miles east of Denton on a creek in Denton County, attracted settlers because of the water and the available timber. It was established about 1900 and has served as a church and school community. By 1990 Cooper Creek was in the city limits of Denton, and only the Cooper Creek Baptist Church and Cooper Creek Cemetery were left as a reminder of its past.

Edward Franklin Bates, History and Reminiscences of Denton County (Denton, Texas: McNitzky Printing, 1918; rpt., Denton: Terrill Wheeler Printing, 1976). Denton Record-Chronicle, September 25, 1960.
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Cooper Creek, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/cooper-creek-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Cooper Creek
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378155
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Denton County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.24039630°
  • Longitude: -97.08139980°