Corine, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Corine was a farming community twenty-two miles northwest of Rusk and eight miles west of Jacksonville in northwestern Cherokee County. The site was evidently first settled after the Civil War. A post office opened there in 1888, and a school by 1892. In 1896 Corine had a reported population of ten. Its post office closed in 1906, and by the mid-1930s the community was no longer shown on the county highway map. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Corine, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/corine-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading