Corinth School Community, TX


By: Lisa C. Maxwell

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


The Corinth School Community was in southeastern Ellis County. It began when the one-room Corinth School was built in 1870. The Corinth Baptist Church and churches of other denominations met in the school. In 1894 the school had fifty-two students. Eventually the schoolhouse was moved to Ensign, and the Corinth School Community ceased to exist.

Edna Davis Hawkins, et al., History of Ellis County, Texas (Waco: Texian, 1972).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Lisa C. Maxwell, “Corinth School Community, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/corinth-school-community-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Place
Corinth School Community
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Ellis County