Cotton Center, TX (Fannin County)


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Cotton Center is on Farm Road 271 five miles southeast of Bonham in central Fannin County. The community was established in 1912 by George Williams when he built a cotton gin there. Throughout its history the settlement has served as a community center for area farmers. In 1966 it had a store and a cotton gin. In 1990 the population of Cotton Center was estimated at five. The population remained the same in 2000.

Fannin County Folks and Facts (Dallas: Taylor, 1977). Floy Crandall Hodge, A History of Fannin County (Hereford, Texas: Pioneer, 1966).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Cotton Center, TX (Fannin County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/cotton-center-tx-fannin-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Cotton Center
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379597
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Fannin County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.50982870°
  • Longitude: -96.12191890°
Population Counts
People Year
33 2009