Cove Spring, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Cove Spring (Cove Springs), a farming community four miles east of Melrose in eastern Nacogdoches County, was settled before the Civil War and was the site of one of the earliest churches in the county. In 1858 Daniel H. Vail donated thirty acres there for a church and school. The community has for many years been the site of an annual reunion and singing convention the second Sunday in October. In the early 1990s a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses still remained in the area.

Nacogdoches County Genealogical Society, Nacogdoches County Families (Dallas: Curtis, 1985).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Cove Spring, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/cove-spring-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Loading