Crenshaw, TX


By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Crenshaw was four miles southeast of Barclay in southern Falls County. In the 1880s it was established as ranch headquarters for William Anderson Barclay and named for a friend of Barclay's called Crenshaw, who managed the local store and gin. A Crenshaw post office operated from 1903 until 1911. No evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps in the 1940s.

Lillian S. St. Romain, Western Falls County, Texas (Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1951).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Crenshaw, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/crenshaw-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Place
Crenshaw
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Falls County
Associated Names

Sunday School Grove