Creswell, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Creswell, a post office community near the site of what later became Ash, ten miles southwest of Crockett in southwestern Houston County, was probably established after the Civil War. A post office opened there in 1870, and by the mid-1870s the community had a store and a number of houses. Its post office was discontinued in 1877, and by the mid-1930s Creswell was no longer shown on the county highway map. No trace of the settlement remained in 1990.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Creswell, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/creswell-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading