Cross Roads, TX (Denton County)


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Cross Roads, at the intersection of U.S. highways 377 and 380, four miles east of Denton in east central Denton County, came into existence as a result of the construction of Lake Dallas, which was completed in November 1927. In 1945 Cross Roads reported a population of fifty. By 1978 the number of residents had increased to 215, and in 1988 the population was estimated at 390. In 1990 it was 361. The population had grown to 603 by 2000.

C. A. Bridges, History of Denton, Texas, from Its Beginning to 1960 (Waco: Texian Press, 1978).
Places:
  • Communities
  • North Texas

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Cross Roads, TX (Denton County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 17, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/cross-roads-tx-denton-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Cross Roads
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2412391
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: Yes
Belongs to
  • Denton County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.22778840°
  • Longitude: -96.99804600°
Population Counts
People Year
361 1990
603 2000
1,563 2010
1,644 2019