Crossroads, known at various times as Union, Clem, and Hog Wallow, is a small black community at the intersection of Farm roads 2949 and 128, four miles northwest of Enloe in northwestern Delta County. It is bordered to the southwest by the East Fork of Big Creek. The Crossroads school opened as Hog Wallow School in 1895. In 1903 Emmett C. Norwood opened a post office and called the settlement Clem, in honor of a prominent county family. The postal service ended after four years, and residents soon began to call the community Crossroads for its location. Crossroads appeared on maps as an unidentified community in 1936. It had a large school, one business, and a cluster of dwellings at the intersection of Farm Road 128 and a dirt road. By 1960 the school had been absorbed by the Cooper Independent School District. In 1964 the community's population was twenty-five. Crossroads still appeared on maps in 1984 and had ten inhabitants in 1990 and in 2000.