Crossroads, TX (Harrison County)


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1976

Updated: October 6, 2020


Crossroads is named for its location at the intersection of Farm roads 31, 2625, and 2199, nine miles southeast of Marshall in southeastern Harrison County. The settlement was founded before 1897, when the Crossroads school served twenty-three pupils. In 1904 the community had four schools serving 416 Black pupils and sixty-three White pupils. In 1965 Crossroads had two general stores facing each other across Farm Road 31, and in 1990 the site had two churches, a cemetery, and several scattered dwellings. In 2000 the population was 100.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Crossroads, TX (Harrison County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 17, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/crossroads-tx-harrison-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1976
October 6, 2020

Place
Crossroads
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378184
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Harrison County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.44848690°
  • Longitude: -94.23769240°
Population Counts
People Year
100 2009