Crossroads, TX (Hopkins County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Crossroads (Cross Roads), at the junction of State Highway 154 and Farm Road 1567, ten miles south of Sulphur Springs in south central Hopkins County, was settled before 1900. By 1905 a public school there had an enrollment of fifty-two students. In the mid-1930s Crossroads had the school, a store, and a number of scattered houses. After World War II most of the residents moved away. The school was consolidated with the Sulphur Springs school district, and the store later closed; by the early 1960s only a few houses remained at the site. In the early 1990s Crossroads was a dispersed rural community.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Crossroads, TX (Hopkins County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/crossroads-tx-hopkins-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading