Crossroads, TX (Panola County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Crossroads, near the site that became Horton, twelve miles northeast of Carthage in northeastern Panola County, was established after the Civil War. A school was operating there by 1897, when it had an enrollment of forty-six. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a church, a school, and a number of houses. Its school was later consolidated with the DeBerry school, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Crossroads, TX (Panola County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/crossroads-tx-panola-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading