Crystal Lake, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Crystal Lake is a rural church and recreation community by Crystal Lake on U.S. Highway 84 and the Texas State Railroad, eight miles east of Palestine in eastern Anderson County. In the 1930s the community had a number of dwellings, a golf course, and a school belonging to the Swanson Spring school district. The school served forty-nine pupils in 1932, but by 1955 had been consolidated with the Palestine school. In 1982 Crystal Lake had Antioch Church and several scattered dwellings; by 1985 one business was located there. The nearby Crystal Lake has fishing and camping facilities and is used by the Crystal Lake Country Club. In 2000 the population was twenty.

Thomas Paul Jones, The Reorganization of the Public Schools of Anderson County, Texas (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1934).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Crystal Lake, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/crystal-lake-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Crystal Lake
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034804
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Anderson County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.73961700°
  • Longitude: -95.50523030°
Population Counts
People Year
12 2014