Cuyler was a rural school community on the Panhandle and Santa Fe Railway between Panhandle and White Deer in eastern Carson County. The school district was organized sometime between 1907 and 1910 and was named for Cornelius C. Cuyler, one of the New York owners of the White Deer lands. According to former students, classes were held in a one-room frame house until 1913, when a two-room schoolhouse, complete with a horse shed and other outbuildings, was opened there. The school also served for other community purposes, including as a church and Sunday school. After a long succession of teachers, the Cuyler school was consolidated in 1934 with those of Panhandle and White Deer. The building remained on its original site until the early 1960s, when its new owners had it moved to Pampa. Although the community is gone, in the early 1980s the Cuyler Siding grain elevator remained near the railroad track, just off U.S. Highway 60.