Dameron City, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Dameron City, about 1½ miles from the old Midkiff post office in southeastern Midland County, was established in 1911. The townsite was promoted by two men named Willis and Kersner and may have been named after another promoter. Although some construction occurred there and a school was started, the community was abandoned two years later when its founders went broke. Workmen from Midland lumberyards salvaged much of the townsite's building material.

Midland County Historical Society, The Pioneer History of Midland County, Texas, 1880–1926 (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Dameron City, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 26, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/dameron-city-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Dameron City
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Midland County