Daniels, TX (Panola County)


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Daniels, on Farm Road 10 six miles southwest of Carthage in southern Panola County, was first settled after the Civil War. In the mid-1930s the community had a number of houses and a school, church, and store. After World War II its school was consolidated with the Carthage schools, and by the early 1970s only a store, a church, and a few houses remained in the area. In the early 1990s Daniels was a dispersed rural community.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Daniels, TX (Panola County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/daniels-tx-panola-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Daniels
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379634
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Panola County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.06599790°
  • Longitude: -94.37519990°
Population Counts
People Year
75 2009