Danville, TX (Comal County)


By: Oscar Haas

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 22, 2019


Danville, on Dry Comal Creek and the Old San Antonio Road some eight miles southwest of New Braunfels in southern Comal County, was settled in 1848 when William Bracken issued power of attorney to John James to sell land granted to Bracken in 1847. Several German families farmed the area. A post office opened in William Klaus's store in 1875 and operated until 1894, when a rural delivery route from New Braunfels was established. The Danville school opened in 1863 and operated until after World War II, when it was consolidated with other districts in southern Comal County to form the Comal elementary school.

Oscar Haas, History of New Braunfels and Comal County, Texas, 1844–1946 (Austin: Steck, 1968).

Places:

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Oscar Haas, “Danville, TX (Comal County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 19, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/danville-tx-comal-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 22, 2019

Place
Danville
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1334039
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Comal County
Associated Names

Eight Mile Creek

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 29.63939320°
  • Longitude: -98.23473330°