Decker, TX (Nolan County)


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Decker was eight miles northwest of the site that became Blackwell in south central Nolan County. A post office, named for A. F. Decker, postmaster of the Sweetwater office, was established there in 1892 with Sarah A. Jones as postmistress; it was discontinued and moved to Maryneal in 1917. Little evidence of the settlement remained by 1947. County maps in 1980 showed a Decker Lane cemetery in the vicinity.

Jim Wheat, More Ghost Towns of Texas (Garland, Texas: Lost and Found, 1971). E. L. Yeats and Hooper Shelton, History of Nolan County (Sweetwater, Texas: Shelton, 1975).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Decker, TX (Nolan County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/decker-tx-nolan-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Decker
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1334177
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Nolan County
Associated Names

Rex 1

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.17763070°
  • Longitude: -100.34704360°