Decker is three miles west of Manor in northeastern Travis County. A school opened there as early as 1882, and a Methodist church was established before 1900. In 1907 the Decker school had two teachers and sixty-one students; it was consolidated with the Manor Independent School District in 1943. A church, a cemetery, and several houses marked the community on county highway maps in the 1940s. In the 1980s Decker was the name of the junction of a branch line of the Southern Pacific on Walter E. Long Lake.