Delray, at the junction of Farm Road 1970 and U.S. Highway 79, six miles west of Carthage in western Panola County, was established around 1870. Its school, Walton School, began operating around 1878, and a post office was established in 1882. By 1885 the community had a steam saw and grist mill, two churches, a district school, and an estimated population of twenty-five. The post office closed in 1905, but in the mid-1930s Delray still had a school, a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was consolidated with the Carthage schools, and by the mid-1960s only a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses remained at the site. In 1990 Delray was a dispersed community with an estimated forty residents. The population remained the same in 2000.