Delrose, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Delrose, on U.S. Highway 271 three miles north of Gilmer in north central Upshur County, was established around 1885 as a stop on what later became the St. Louis Southwestern Railway of Texas. In the mid-1930s the settlement consisted of a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and the school closed; by the mid-1960s Delrose was only a few scattered houses. In 1990 it was still a dispersed rural community. In 2000 the population was thirty-five.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Delrose, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/delrose-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Loading