Delwin, in southwestern Cottle County, was named in the early 1900s for Delwin Drummond, the son of founders Tom and Ora Drummond. The Drummond ranch occupied a large part of the region. A school was established in the late 1890s. Delwin had a post office from 1916 until sometime after 1930. Its school was consolidated with that of Paducah in 1963. A cotton gin operated for many years, until it was destroyed by fire in the 1950s. The population was eighty-three in 1940 and seventy in 1980 and 1990. In 2000 the population was twelve.