Denmark, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Denmark was a store and post office community on Beaver Creek fifteen miles northwest of Palestine and 6½ miles west of Montalba in northwestern Anderson County. It had a post office from 1905 to 1917. In 1914 C. L. Day was the postmaster, and Denmark had a population of twenty-five, two grocery stores, a blacksmith, a physician, and a poultry breeder. The community disappeared, probably sometime in the early twentieth century, as it was not named on state highway maps by the 1930s.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Denmark, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/denmark-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Place
Denmark
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034341
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Anderson County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.88480300°
  • Longitude: -95.81967800°