Denson, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Denson (also known as Densonville and Denison) was a scattered community on Willis Creek six miles northwest of Granger in northeastern Williamson County. The site was settled by members of the Denson family sometime before 1869. The community had, at different times, three different schools named Denson, a cotton gin, and a small store. In 1900 Denson's school served forty-eight pupils. By 1977 only the Denson family cemetery remained at the site.

Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Denson, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 19, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/denson-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Place
Denson
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Williamson County
Associated Names

-ville

Denison