Dextra, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Dextra, just off Farm Road 1648 twenty-one miles northwest of Nacogdoches in northwestern Nacogdoches County, was settled before 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, and several stores. After World War II many of its residents moved away, but as late as the mid-1960s the community had a store and two churches. In the early 1990s Dextra was a dispersed farming community.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Dextra, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/dextra-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading