Henry B. Dielmann, Sr., the son of John C. Dielmann, was born in San Antonio in 1892. He attended St. Joseph's College and received a B.A. in German before entering Georgetown University in 1913. There he received an LL.B. degree in 1918. He was admitted to the bar and subsequently worked for the Law Library of Congress, the Law Library of the United States Supreme Court, and the Department of Labor. He returned to San Antonio in 1919, practiced law, and in 1923 formed a partnership with J. T. Gittinger, later Dielmann and Forster. Dielmann served as a member of the Texas State House of Representatives for three terms and was San Antonio assistant city attorney. He was the founder and first dean of St. Mary's University Law School, a member of the first board of directors of the Witte Museum in 1926, a director of the San Antonio Symphony Society, president of the Chamber Music Society and San Antonio Historical Association, and trustee of Our Lady of the Lake College. He was a member of the Beethoven Männerchor (see GERMAN MUSIC), St. Joseph's Society, the Order of Sons of Hermann, Siemering Lodge No. 32, and the San Antonio Bar Association. Dielmann married Betty Trester on June 26, 1919, and Edna Smith sometime later. He had four children. He was Catholic. He died in San Antonio on April 20, 1970, and was interred at the St. Joseph's Society Cemetery.