Dillon, TX


By: J. E. Jennings

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Dillon was four miles south of Saltillo in eastern Hopkins County. It was settled around 1900 and named for E. F. Dillon, who secured a post office in his store there in 1903. The post office was discontinued in 1906, and by the mid-1930s the community no longer appeared on highway maps.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

J. E. Jennings, “Dillon, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/dillon-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Dillon
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Hopkins County