Dilworth, TX (Red River County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Dilworth is on Farm Road 1159 eight miles northeast of Clarksville in northeastern Red River County. The area was settled before 1900. A school was in operation there by 1907, when it had an enrollment of thirty-four. In the mid-1930s Dilworth had a church, a school, and a number of houses. Its school was closed around the time of World War II. In the early 1990s Dilworth reported a population of twenty-two and had a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered dwellings. In 2000 the community still reported a population of twenty-two.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Dilworth, TX (Red River County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/dilworth-tx-red-river-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading