Dodd, TX

By: H. Allen Anderson

Type: General Entry

Published: 1976

Updated: December 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Dodd, on Farm Road 303 eighteen miles southwest of Dimmitt in the southwestern corner of Castro County, is named for a family that settled there in the early 1900s. Until 1945 students attended Big Square School, north of Dodd. After 1945, however, that school district was consolidated with the Springlake and Dimmitt schools. Dodd reported a store, a grain elevator, a gin, and a population of thirty-five through the 1970s and 1980s. In 1990 the population was still thirty-five, but it dropped to fifteen in 2000.

Castro County Historical Commission, Castro County, 1891–1981 (Dallas: Taylor, 1981).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

H. Allen Anderson, “Dodd, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 20, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/dodd-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1976
December 1, 1994

Loading